Capture the flag
- Players change their skins to something mainly in their team colors (minecraftskins site)
- Both teams join a fresh new server
- Teams pick a direction and run off. They start building a base and mining.
- Teams must tell the other where their base is, to within x±50 and z±50. There can be secret secondary bases, but the portal must be in the primary base. The base must be announced within 5 minutes of the game beginning.
- Teams must build a portal as fast as possible. Portal must be _no lower than the ground level that was there initially. You can't hide deep underground.
- As soon as a team opens their portal, they must announce it to the other team.
- Teams try to destroy the other team's portal, but only _after_ they get their own opened.
- First team to estinguish the other's portal wins.
- What is allowed
- Building any type of bases or base fortifications.
- scouting, base infiltration, PvP combat, killing the other team, booby traps, stealing, destroying bases, tunneling, using any block offensive or defensively.
- building the portal in place by casting it into a mold.
- What is not allowed
- Hiding your portal so that the other team doesn't know where it is to within x±50 and y±50. The other team is expected to have to scout some within that 100x100 square, though.
The redstone->obsidian trick.
- Changing uniforms to deceive the other team.
- Making bases within 275 blocks of each other (portals might link to the same nether portal in that case)
- Spawn camping or killing people right after spawn.
- Obstructing portal entrances (such as encasing it in solid stone). You have to be able to walk to the portal without destroying any blocks.
- Using the nether, including coming out the other team's portal. The reason for this is that both portals will probably link to the same nether portal (unless they are more than 1000m apart), which will yield too much asymmetry in the play).
- Should we require that a team give a tour of their portal (as short as possible) to one player from opposite team, once they open it, for visual verification + making sure the other team can find it?
- Should it be allowed to destroy beds (thus resetting the spawn?)
- Is there some sort of better flag than portals?
- I guess this is actually more like "power struggle" or base defense, instead of CtF.
King of the hill
Add your name here if you want to play.
- richard (darst)
- alex (adarst88)