Danny and Richard will spend a few days exploring Houston from Thursday May 18 to Friday.
Richard will fly into Hobby airport, and take a bus to the Fannin south park and ride cost $2. He'll meet Danny there and then they'll use the light rail to work their way up and down the city center.
Things to see
- museum district -- art, nat sci, ...
- herman park
- Rice univ / UH
- Medical Center
- theater district (has lots of crazy looking buildings)
- Richard flies in to Hobby, takes #73 bus to Fannin park and ride. Meet Danny there around 0830. He'll call if he'll be more than 15 minutes late.
- Board up on the light rail. Ride all the way up to the top. The northmost stop is the UH Downtown campus.
- Perhaps walk around the UH campus, then start working our way south.
- Misc. stuff in downtown. -- work in general from NW corner to E side and parks there. Then go to the SW corner. Take any combination of tunnels, skyways, and streets we feel like.
- Chase tower: near NW
- Wells Fargo: center, in the tunnel loop.
- End up at a transit center and hop on the light rail and go south.
- Get off at the musuem of natural sciences. We can pick between the various Museums around here, Herman Park, the Medical Centers, Rice University.
- While doing this, decide which attractions we want to come back and visit the next day (i.e., what museums and stuff).
- Go back to LJ, come back the next day. Richard needs to be at Brazoria County airport by 1300 or so.
- Go to Herman Park around 0800. Walk around and see neat stuff. Park at the zoo because its free
- Go to Zoo at 0900 when it opens. Costs $8.50 normal (maybe student discount?)
- Leave Zoo at 1200-1215 to get to airport at 1300