KPD and RKD will visit Chicago in May 2006. We'll be there Sat May 20 until Tuesday.
Things in the loop
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears_Tower The Sears Tower]
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aon_Center_%28Chicago%29 Aon Center] (no obs deck). 3rd tallest in US
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Corporate_Center AT&T Corporate Center] (see the lobby)
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Prudential_Plaza Two Prudential Plaza]
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/311_South_Wacker_Drive 311 South Wacker Drive]. Look at the lobby.
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/900_North_Michigan 900 N Michigan Avenue]
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Tower_Place Walter Tower Place]. Vertical mall.
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Tower_%28Chicago%29 Chase Tower] Tallest inside loop and elevated tracks. (aka Bank One Tower)
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Tower Park Tower]
others: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallest_buildings_in_Chicago others tallest] [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_architecture architecture]
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordham_Spire site of future frodham spire] -- to be the tallest building in the country
- Art museum
- Riverside Parks -- close by SE from the loop
- Museum of Science and Industry
Things outside the loop
- Northwestern University -- north
- University of Chicago -- south
- Museum of Science and Industry -- south, near UC
- Ann Arbor ??
- Fly to Midland, MI. Arrive around dinnertime. Stay there overnight with Thomases.
- Talk to Thomases. Stuff around the city?
Wake up early. Visit ______. Begin driving to Chicago by 1200 at the latest, preferably earlier.
- Get there, check in to the hotel. Head downtown and walk around. Visit some things from the list above, maybe some of the observation decks. Since we don't know what will be open or safe, we'll take it as it comes
- More downtown exploration. Visit any other places. Walk around. Have fun.
- Morning with Neills ?
- Visit some universities, possibly including Northwestern (north of town) and U of Chicago (south of town). Anything else around these areas. Then, go back and visit whatever we've been missing.
- Wake up, start heading back early: 0600. Get to Midland fast, in time for lunch and dinner with friends there.
- More visiting around Midland.
- Speak with Dow people.
- Be at airport by 0500.