Random CAVA notes. Anyone should feel free to add notes or sub-pages here, but be aware this is a public wiki.
Proposed training sessions
- Blind spot exploration.
- Access door scavenger hunt / race.
- Create a race where you must go from checkpoint to checkpoint via the best access routes. One crew chief per group to provide access. Crews start leaving 3-5 minutes apart, go to each checkpoint and prove they were at each checkpoint. Fastest time from start to end wins. (Note: need to make sure CCs cards are actually activated on all of the relevant doors, which is probably good to check anyway.)
- ePCR practice. (Alone) fill in a practice call report for a "sick person" who has everything normal. Could be done for transport or RMA.
- Communication practice. Take a skill or situation (say backboarding) and blindfold all the crew except for one person. Then the crew has to do the skill with the seeing person not touching anything emself. If this is CPT, then different shifts could compete for the fastest time. There are also some skills which could be done alone or with everyone. blindfolded
- Nonverbal/planning practice. Take a skill or situation (say backboarding) and the crew has to do it without speaking to each other. They can, however, talk in another room first to plan out who does what and their strategy. If this is CPT, different shifts could compete for the fastest time.