- With textbooks costing so much, I can't afford an education
- Thus, I can't reason through complex issues
- I'll just blame the messenger instead
- This book isn't going to appeal to students at all.
- It's excessively big, not well phrased, and has pointless graphics.
- Let's just give professors handouts to adopt them!
- Pesky students are re-selling books, hurting our profits
- Let's make another edition
- But we only have minor typographic changes
- Then we'll change the problem numbers, too!
- Students demand for lower quality paper and less color to lower prices
- I don't think we need to change anything
- It's not like they have any choice!
- The students are going to react to our monopolistic marketing practices.
- Luckily our high prices are impairing the development of critical thinking skills.
- They're going to blame the bookstore!
- We need to hire some business majors to develop an ad campaign to shift the blame of high prices to bookstores
- Actually bookstores will do that themselves
- Yay for attack ads!
- Man, textbooks cost so much
- Let's blame the messegser. stupid co-op!
- I know, I'll run for the co-op board of directors and fix this.
- Actually, running for the co-op board would look great on my resume
- I wonder what I should put on my campaign ad
- How about "Investigate the cause of high textbook prices"
- co-op board of directors meeting
- (thinks) I'm glad I got elected to the co-op board
- I propose we reduce prices and decrease overhead
- Noooo! Then my organization won't get as much funding (guy wearing a liberal slogan shirt)